top of page

Traveling with Your Pet

Here are some general, helpful guidelines to help prepare you!


Mode of transportation matters!
Are you driving, flying, or taking a boat? Make sure to discuss with any airlines or
booking agents the kind of pet you have and any special requirements you may need.
Often times, even if not required, it is best to procure a Certificate of Veterinary Inspect
(CVI) or otherwise known as a ‘health certificate’ whenever traveling so that you are
secured in case of any issues during transportation. Carriers and crates also frequently
have specific requirements, so please purchase accordingly!


Look up your destination!
Are you traveling interstate or internationally? Every state and country tend to have
different requirements for pet importation, and we always recommend following the
legally posted guidelines for any destination.
When issuing a health certificate, we are required to follow any legally posted
guidelines in order to sign documentation for travel.

Plan ahead!
When traveling, always know what you need well ahead of time! This is especially
important when traveling internationally. Most countries have special requirements
regarding rabies vaccinations, microchip implantation, and deworming needs. Plan at
least two months in advance, and contact your veterinarian hospital as soon as possible
to ensure your pet has everything he or she will need for travel plans!
Understanding travel requirements can be very overwhelming! Please contact us
as soon as possible to let us help you plan and prepare what you’ll need for
travel, depending on where you’ll be going!

Acquiring a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection is always recommended, and often
required for travel!
International travel requires sometimes complicated documents, and should be
scheduled out two months in advance.
Microchips are always recommends, and often required – and sometimes invalidate
previous rabies vaccinations!

bottom of page